Helen Midgley, D St J, JP, AREMT1, still active Ambulance Officer, Aero-Medical Nurse, and Emergency Medical Technician. Helen is known throughout Australia and overseas as the Founding Organiser and President of The Spider Bite Recovery Group Inc.
A victim herself, she has written numerous articles on the prolonged suffering following the bite from a white-tailed spider.
Helen has also appeared in 10 TV documentaries from around the world and been featured in a variety of radio and television interviews. These television documentaries and interviews are still screened as replays and have been seen on Discovery Channel, National Geographic, in Medical Channel stories, Oxford Scientific, Grenada and VOX TV in Germany.
Helen gives educational talks wherever and whenever she can. In so doing she was named 'The Spider Lady' by the children of Yankalilla Primary School and this has since become her trade mark and also the title of her self-published Book
- White Tip Spider Bit by Lisa on 18 Aug 2016 in Say Hello
- white tail spider bi by Isa 444 on 08 Aug 2015 in Say Hello
- Possible Spider Bite by Amanda Dawn on 25 Dec 2013 in Spider Bite Support
- Welcome to Say Hello by Administrator on 23 Jan 2007 in Say Hello
- Welcome to Site Sugg by Administrator on 23 Jan 2007 in Site Suggestions
- Welcome to Spider Bi by Administrator on 23 Jan 2007 in Spider Bite Support